- A giant grass fed, organic, sirloin steak (mine was about 24oz – 1″ thick -bone in )
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- fresh ground pepper
Take the steak out of the fridge (thaw’ed, duh). Rince it off and pat it dry with a towel Rub some olive oil on the steak, then sprinkle with half the salt, pepper and herbs. Rub them into the meat – go ahead, touch it. Flip it over and do the same thing to the other side. Let the steak sit with the herbs and salt on it for about 30 minutes (or longer if you are more patient than me).
Pre-heat the grill to about 450-500 degrees.
Throw the giant steak onto the heated grill and cook for 3 minutes (then rotate to make hatch marks — because you know you want to be fancy like that) then cook for another 3 minutes. Flip the steak, and repeat. (so a total of about 6 minutes per side). This brought my steak to about medium-well with a lot of char on the outside. I usually like my steak rare, so I was worried that I cooked it too long but this was slammin!!
3/5/13 – Food Log
- 3 eggs. Olive oil.
- Green Tea (No Mo Coffee)
- Green Tea
- Miso Soup
- Shrimp & Vegetable Tempura (I realize tempura isn’t really paleo, but I was doing the best I could while out at a sushi restaurant without spending $20 on the damn sashimi platter (Which I am totally sick of))
- A zillion pistachios (my FAVORITE!)
- 1 cup roasted cauliflower
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- about 10oz of “THE BEST GOD DAMNED STEAK I’VE EVER MADE”
Dessert (oh snap!):
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp plum preserves
Side note: I AM SO TIED!! Yay for not drinking coffee! Here’s to sleeping like a queen tonight 😉