(Canned food can be healthy too)
I’ve been feeling like all I do is spend money on food lately so I thought I’d dedicate myself to day in the kitchen making the most of the cheap food I already have in my fridge and cabinets. An old favorite suggested it’self to me while I was looking through the cupbords … Tuna Salad. I don’t know why I always want to eat out, there is so much good food I could enjoy at home. This meal rocked and honestly cost about $3 (which is about $15 less than what I’ve been finding myself spending on lunch every damn day lately). Also, I really can’t beat the “no carbs 50 grams of protein” thing we’ve got going on here, while working on cutting weight. PRETTY GOOD!
Serves 2-4 people depending on hunger/weight-lifting status.
- 2 cans Solid Albacore Tuna
- 1/2 can of baby artichoke hearts
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp mayo (home made if you want, but I was feeling lazy and went for the Hellman’s today)
- 1 tbsp peruvian lime olive oil (some fancy shit here)
- 1 tbsp white peach vinegar (also fancy)
- 1 wedge of lemon, squeezed.
Mix it up. BAM!
Serve with sliced cucumbers or on a salad.
4/6/13 – Food Log
Morning Weight: 151.8# This is my lowest since June/July of last year when I started focusing on putting on muscle 🙂 Happy to see I still know how to lose weight if I really want to. The past two weeks have been really successful and I am super excited to check in on my progress updates tomorrow.
Sleep: 8 hours
- 2 eggs scrambled with:
- 1 slice chopped bacon
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped shitakii mushrooms
- Coffee w/ cream
- 32 oz water
- The very plate of food you see photographed above ^^
- 2 pieces of beef jerky (this was a snack earlier in the day, but it’s getting logged as lunch)
- 32 oz water
- Not sure yet, but I’m thinking a big fat steak out on the grill (which I scrubbed clean earlier today while it was sunny! YAY SPRING!)