TODAY WAS AWESOME!!!!! Seriously, the best squat day I’ve had in the gym since my back injury. Absolutely zero back pain, no weird hip feelings, nothing aching or tweeky feeling. Just great! On top of all that, I felt SO STRONG! Everything was flying up! I was actually kind of shocked at how easy everything felt today. Really happy with it all.
Theories on why I felt so strong today so that I can obsess about it and try to mimic it in the future.
- Recovery – I skipped deadlift day last week so my back was not at all sore today.
- Nutrition – I ate rice with breakfast… usually I don’t have carbs pre-lifting, but maybe I should.
- Nutrition – I ate very clean yesterday and had a big portion of rice with dinner. Again… the carbs.
- Hormones – This is the first week after my period (usually my best week in the gym)
- Bloat – Wasn’t bloated and busting out of my belt (this probably has to do with the two points above)
- Ab Work – I have been killing my ab work lately and I think it is really helping the solidity of my squats. My bottom position feels great on front and back squats.
Anyway fucking great. I love being done my period.
I’m also kinda excited to be able to be in charge of my own programming because it’s heightening my sensitivity to how much my mood and body changes due to my menstrual cycle. I think it’s amazing how different the same weight can feel week to week based on that. I am very happy to be able to take a deload whenever my body asks for it and to go in and totally kick ass whenever my body asks for it. Happy with how things are going.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white rice
CUBE Method, Cycle 2, Week 3: Squat – Reps
Squats: Worked up to 1×6 @ 185# Cakewalk.
Pause Squats: 1×3 @ 150 Easy. 1×3 @ 160 Easy
Front Squats: 3×8 @ 135 Easy (well # 8 wasn’t easy…)
Barbell Lunges: 1×8 @ 45# 1×8@95# (these sucked…)
Wide Stance Good Mornings: 3×8 @ 95#
Weighted Decline Bench Sit Ups: 5×10 @ 35# I will probably up the weight next time – so much easier than Tuesday. I can not express how much I think this is helping my lifting. I had no idea ab work would be the key to my squat going up! Also, can we just take a second to appreciate that shit… 5×10 @ 35# DECLINE BENCH SIT UPS *Flexes* I probably have some slammin abs underneath this bodacious belly of mine 😉
- Sauna Protein — 2 Scoops whey
- 3 cups romaine
- 4oz ham
- 1/2 an avocado
- mandarin oranges
- 2oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1oz wallnuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 a coffee w/ cream
Chicken and Rice Scramble – All the ingredients below stir fried. REALLY GOOD!
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 6oz chopped up pre-cooked chicken
- 3 tbsp egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/4 of an onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Ég elska þig Sriracha ❤
(I love you Sriracha)