Green Protein Smoothie – I had literally no food in my fridge other than the random 4 ingredients listed below (and the pear in the background). Without my go-to breakfast staple ‘eggs’, I didn’t know what I was going to make for breakfast, so I tried something new out of desperation. Inspired by a post I saw yesterday, I threw all my leftover veggies & fruits in a blender with some protein powder and water and BAM! I’m going to be honest here, I was super surprised… but this fucking rocked! Really yummy and satisfying, plus incredibly healthy. I will probably make it again. You could probably half the recipe though… this was a lot of smoothie for one person.
- 2 big handfulls of raw kale
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 pink lady apple
- 1 banana
- 2 cups water
- 2 scoops protein powder
- Calexico Burrito in the park with my dog. YUM!
- cheese (which I asked for non of, but got anyway. Belly handled it like a champ)
- Chicken Verde
- 1 peach
OMG EPIC GROCERY SHOPING AND FOOD PREP FOR THE WEEK! YESSSSS!!!!!
- 150 grams rice (I am lowering my rice from 200 last week… that felt a bit excessive… this still felt hefty, might go to 100g)
- 200 grams chicken (boiled and then chopped up and sautéed with spices and a tad bit of olive oil)
- 50g corn & tomato pico
- 50g black beans
- 1 mango