2×5@190# Explosive Deadlifts felt fine today… slower than I would have liked and a little wobbly in the knees, but fine all around. I worked without straps and without a belt which was pretty good and is definitely helping me learn to stay tight and squeeze the fucking bar. However, I think that my grip stopped me from being as quick off the ground as I’m supposed to be on my explosive day.
I started video taping my sets, and this is the first time I’ve watched my own training deadlifts. First thing I noticed was… MAN… I have some fucking long femurs! After noticing this, I also noticed that my knees are crazy, they wobble all over the place! Almost 100% of the time, my left knee comes to lockout before my right. This is probably due to my right leg being stronger, but I’m not sure, could also have to do with my back injury and weird hip issues associated with it. Also, I started my period today, and like I was saying last week, I get wobbly this time of the month. I’m going to try to pay attention to it next week and see if I can feel where that’s coming from and how to even things out a bit. Also… I need to stay over the bar more. I am way back on my heels on many of these sets.
Overall though, these weren’t fast enough (I think due to grip), but they felt super easy… especially since I didn’t have my belt on.
Accessory work — allt fínt 🙂 (Icelandic, “all is fine”)
- 3×12@ 135 Snatch Grip Deadlifts
- 5×5 @ 135 Volume Front Squats
- 3×10 hyper extensions
- 4, 20 second negative chins/pullups (2 each)
- leftover chimichanga (There’s a whole story behind this…. but I don’t feel like explaining…. I had WAY too many chimichangas become available to me yesterday so I spend the past couple days eating them)
- More of the same chimichanga
- Strawberry, Banana, Peach smoothie with 1 scoop whey
- Cobb Salad — romaine, bacon, blue cheese, grilled chicken, tomato, avocado
- A couple of Jeff’s fries.
OMG so much food prep… that I didn’t really eat because I was super bloated and not hungry.
Instead I made a green smoothie
- 1 cup raw kale
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- some baby carrots
- 1/2 stick of celery
- 1/2 a pear
- 1/2 a peach
- 1.5 scoops whey protein