This is less about keeping track of healthy eating and more about remembering how awesome my vacation feasting was 😉 It was a wonderful day!
(Proof that I was there)
Breakfast: ham, egg, white cheddar on whole wheat toast. 2 cups blueberries.
Snack: 2 pieces low fat string cheese. A few of Jeff’s combos.
Lunch: 1 slice pizza with mushrooms …. For Rest stop pizza, this rocked. Or maybe I was just hungry.
(This total babe was there too!)
Dinner: At the Greenhouse Tavern in Cleveland Ohio.
Holy horse shit this place was AMAZING! Since I’m not all crazy paleo lady anymore… I didn’t do that, but this was a place that I could have. There was even a Paleo Tasting Menu! CRAYYYY! Anyway, Jeff and I totally went wild and got a 4 course meal (plus dessert here) and it was an absolutely awesome end to an incredible long day of driving.
(I didn’t photograph my food, but Jeff did… here’s the Steak Tar Tar)
- Fancy Sarsaparilla Soda
- “Animal Style Fries” — Poutine (Fries, cheese curds, gravy, bacon, an egg, mustard)
- Nicosia salad — Greens, onions, olives, radishes)
- Bacon Wrapped dates stuffed with chocolate (3)
- Foie Gras Steamed Clams (6 littlenecks)
- Some of Jeff’s Steak TarTar
- Halibut Fins with smoked potatoes (about 4oz of fish)
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Pudding (this was fucking NUTS… possibly the best dessert I have ever had in my life)
(Ohio is pretty)
Later: Snacking with friends in Ann Arbor Michigan. Sometimes when everyone else is drinking beer, I will enjoy desserts — It makes me feel better about the fact that I am awkwardly not drinking. I know it’s not the best choice, but I have my priorities and for now, this is working as a means of keeping me sober. So what the fuck ever.
- A couple thin slices of some fancy little cured meats
- a small piece of aged gruyere
- 2 salted chocolate covered caramels
(It rained for a minute… HARD!)