- 1 can (12oz) coconut milk (I used Thai Kitchen, because it’s the yummiest!)
- 1/2 thai kitchen green curry paste (this isn’t 100% paleo, but I am not 100% paleo…)
- 1 tsp oil to brown the garlic
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 can (4oz) bamboo shoots
- 1 can (4oz) water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- handful of fresh cilantro
- dash of salt
- squish of lime
- 2 cups protein of your choice – I used shrimp and cooked them in the sauce (which was pretty good!)
- fresh cilantro & crushed cashews to garnish
I did this pretty simply:
- Prepare all your veggies
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan
- Brown the garlic.
- Add all the other ingredients
- Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are soft and the protein is cooked through.
- Serve over your favorite “sauce absorber” – Because today was a rest day and I wanted to keep my carbs lower, I had this over a bowl of spaghetti squash (and it was awesome!). Had it been a lifting day I may have served it over a pile of sweet potatoes, or rice.